Young World Rising gives you an exclusive glimpse into the new trend that's transforming global business and changing the dynamics of globalization.
Young entrepreneurs around the world are blending new technologies and next-generation thinking, building radically new kinds of organizations adapted to a flat and crowded world. Young World Rising takes you on a panoramic tour of the new centers of entrepreneurial innovation on five continents.
- Explore the dynamics driving the emergence of the Young World
- See how wired Young World insurgents are reinventing entrepreneurship
- Get an inside look at the most innovative Young World businesses from India, Africa, Latin America and Southeast Asia
- Identify how your organization can capitalize on the rise of the Young World to find new talent, open new markets, identify investment opportunities and more
With more than a dozen unique and in-depth case studies, Young World Rising is essential reading for every organization coming to grips with the challenges of globalization and demographic change in the 21st century.
Praise for Young World Rising:
"Salkowitz identifies an exciting new trend in global business and introduces us to a fresh young cast of entrepreneurs whose ideas are literally changing the world.Young World Rising shakes up conventional notions of demographics, globalization and innovation in a vision that combines hope and challenge. It's a wake-up call for the old guard, a how-to manual for forward-thinking organizations, and a call to arms for the next generation of talent."
- Daniel H. Pink, author of Drive and A Whole New Mind
"Great stories of the ways that collaborative approaches are solving old problems and creating new opportunities in the parts of the world that are overdue for some good news.
- Don Tapscott, author of Grown Up Digital and Wikinomics
"Young World Rising combines insightful analysis and great stories that challenge old stereotypes and inspire new approaches for businesses, governments, international organizations and NGOs. It makes a powerful case for a 21st century model that places entrepreneurship and innovation clearly at the center, and will be a valuable guide for both policy-makers and business leaders."
- Ambassador Albert Ramdin, Assistant Secretary General, Organization of American States
"Salkowitz brings much-needed attention to the real driver of growth and change in emerging as well as developed economies: young entrepreneurs. Young World Rising underscores the need and the benefits of investing in and engaging the next generation of global talent. This is fundamental to harnessing this dynamic and achieving sustainability for the future. I highly recommend reading this book!"
- Roy Thomasson, Chief Executive Officer, Young Americas Business Trust
"When leaders of the G8 pledged in Okinawa to help avert the looming great new divide, the digital divide, many expected it to be another failed promise in the challenge of human solidarity in a shared planet. What they did not reckon with was the nature of the forces unleashed by the digital age which would not be held back by the commitment level of Politicians. In searching for evidence to provide some insight into the brave new world of the rapidly approaching future, Rob Salkowitz discovers the forces which have kept the failed promise of Okinawa from locking out the poor from the knowledge society. These are Youth, ICT, and Entrepreneurship. With this insight he offers a compelling peep into the crowded future of great possibilities for all; poor, rich, strong and weak alike. It is a future in which the lines between social enterprise and commerce fade quickly and shared passions reshape the lanscape where change was once resisted with great energy."
- Pat Utomi, Social entrepreneur, businessman, Presidential advisor, Professor at Nigerian University